Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Streaming Files

CPD
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    This is a somewhat brief and easy to do thing in other languages but I'm extremely curious as to whether or not its possible in PHP. The understanding of file streaming in PHP is quite simply "stream a file from A to B"; I do not want to do that.

My objective is to take a file from a client's PC and stream it straight through connecting to a second stream which leads to an irrelevant remote server. See the diagram.

As you can see in the diagram, the file is at no point saved on the hard drive of the machine running the Apache server nor is it saved in its temp memory, the file is passed straight through.

Does anybody think this is possible in PHP? If this was a desktop application its easily done as the application is the client which passes straight to the web service. I want to do the same with PHP but because it's a server side language and the client is the web browser I'm doubting whether or not its possible.
    Attached Images Attached Images

CPD
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Bump, anybody? Or no-body?

Remove Ads