Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hello world,

Today i need help with a site im working on. One key aspect of the website is a membership system (login/register/etc).

My primary questions as of this thread:

How do i get the form's on top of a picture? I have a banner (.gif) that i made, and it has mapped links across it, and in the end of it i need the forms (username/password). Any idea how to put a form on top of the image? Thanks!

Eric :help:

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    Use CSS to set the element <form> with the background image of your choosing.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Webzarus, post: 236535
    Use CSS to set the element <form> with the background image of your choosing.
    I am not fully aware of how to do this.....

When you say "use CSS", do you mean another downloaded program or....? Sorry im fairly new.

I know CSS is a part of DreamWeaver, but i guess im not sure how to do what you described.

CPD
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    CSS isn't part of DreamWeaver & DreamWeaver is horrible (matter of opinion).

CSS is an acronym for Cascading Style Sheet and the text written inside a style sheet alters the appearance of your Document Object Model (DOM); in your case, HyperText Mark-up Language (HTML).

Going into specifics for your scenario you want to do what Webzarus has described so you need to give the form an ID or a class. An ID should only ever be seen once and used to reference a particular tag unlike a class which can be used repeatedly throughout your DOM.

<form class="myClass"></form>

In your stylesheet you need to define the background of the form which can be done in a variety of ways.

form.myClass {background-image: url('blah/blah/image/png');}
    .myClass {background: url('blah/blah/image/png') no-repeat;}

And others. You should familiarise yourself with this type of syntax and understand how CSS works if you want to completely customise how your content appears.

People say learning HTML and CSS is easy and to be frank it is, however learning how to use the two coherently to produce good looking websites isn't as easy (not for beginners anyway).

Lesson over.

Remove Ads