Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Ok, so I would like to find a way to dynamically display how the attachment looks:
    Currently, I use spry tabbed panels to display this, and I have to manually edit the code to add categories. i would like it if I could dynamically have php make them for me. the red are categories, blue are subcategories, and green are products. I need the categories to display, then sub categories, then the products. I use tables "products" with columns product, price, category, subcategory, city. They city is for which store would have the specific products, all stores in the same city have the same products, that is why I used this. but if the category is hidden, I don't want category or product to display. if anyone can make something like this work with spry tabbed pannels, I will take it, or I can also make the categories buttons that will show and hide divs with the proper products, spry tabs may be harder to code with, but they are much easier with showing/ hiding(in my opinion). any help is appreciated!

Attached Images Attached Images

Member #
    I'm finding it hard to understand your explanation but i think what you need to use is JOINS by the sounds of things.

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    Quote Originally Posted by SimplyWebsites, post: 238462
    I'm finding it hard to understand your explanation but i think what you need to use is JOINS by the sounds of things.
    Oh come on, you're obviously just trying to jack up your post count. With comments that really add I value or re-iterate what has already been said.

Spry tabbed panels are a builtin function in DW.

I have no clue how their pulling data, but the logic behind what they are trying to accomplish is the same.

Start at the lowest point, make sure each recordset has an identifier for each upper level...

The all the links that are created for the upper levels have those identifiers in the URL string as a variable...

As you drill down the list or horizontally across the list, you are actually resenting the variables...

This is the same concept used to pull and populate dropdown list based on previous selections... But since I only used DW in code view and don't have access to the newer versions or modules ( and no desire to have them )...

Probably very similar in principle, regardless of scripting language...

If you want to avoid page refreshes... You could use Ajax on your list populations to refresh and show the list dynamically.

Remove Ads