Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    When I try to log into my wp-admin for this site startaconversationwithagirl.com , this is what I see: (I go to the specified lines in each file, but I don't see anything that I recognize as a mistake(I never even modifed the mentioned files anyway-I've been making my own theme and making files like style.css, header.php, index.php, etc.)) Anybody know how to correct this problem?

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/elawntra/public_html/startaconversationwithagirl.com/wp-content/themes/kylesforesttheme/functions.php:12) in/home/elawntra/public_html/startaconversationwithagirl.com/wp-login.php on line 349

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/elawntra/public_html/startaconversationwithagirl.com/wp-content/themes/kylesforesttheme/functions.php:12) in/home/elawntra/public_html/startaconversationwithagirl.com/wp-login.php on line 361

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/elawntra/public_html/startaconversationwithagirl.com/wp-content/themes/kylesforesttheme/functions.php:12) in/home/elawntra/public_html/startaconversationwithagirl.com/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 669

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/elawntra/public_html/startaconversationwithagirl.com/wp-content/themes/kylesforesttheme/functions.php:12) in/home/elawntra/public_html/startaconversationwithagirl.com/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 670

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/elawntra/public_html/startaconversationwithagirl.com/wp-content/themes/kylesforesttheme/functions.php:12) in/home/elawntra/public_html/startaconversationwithagirl.com/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 671

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/elawntra/public_html/startaconversationwithagirl.com/wp-content/themes/kylesforesttheme/functions.php:12) in/home/elawntra/public_html/startaconversationwithagirl.com/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 866

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    The mistake in this case won't occur on those lines. It means that header information was sent previously (something like Response.Status = "404 Not Found" or whatever the PHP equivalent is). You'll need to go into one of the files that's called before those include files are and find where the headers are being written.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    My files index.php, page.php, and single.php all begin with <?php get_header(); ?> and then I just have the file header.php.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Okay, then your issue may well be in header.php. Start there.

The problem with your question is that there are an infinite number of answers to it, which puts it in all likelihood beyond the scope of a forum. In this case, because the file containing the header information is not the one generating the error directly, it's going to be even more difficult. You're going to have to find anything involving PHP headers and see what's causing it.

If that's too much, you may want to just reinstall WP and start again.

http://php.net/manual/en/function.header.php <-- this is something that might help you.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    I figured the specific error message would mean something to someone here.

Member #
    I finally found it. You were right. In header.php I forgot to add a closing </html> tag.

Remove Ads