Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    My website (www.drattis.com) is a website with funny pictures etc. My problem is that i have to upload all of the images myself, and that is certainly a ton of work! I was just wondering if you could help me make my website so that people can click on a link (for example: "Submit your image!") and then make so that they write in the title of the image, upload the image and so on. So that i don't have to work this much in the code every single day, i am bored of this kind of work to sit and upload every image by hand.

Right now i copy the latest uploaded page and just change the image name and file name on the copied html file, for example: image1.jpg --> image2.jpg, i also change the title of the image from for example: Funny cat --> Cool elephant... and so on

Can you help me make this come to life on my website? So i don't have to put down this much work as i do right now...

I put this in the PHP section cause i think this has to do with PHP, ( I actually know nothing about PHP so dont expect that i can do this myself )

If you solve this problem, you have NO idea of how happy i'll be!

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    https://www.google.com/search?q=php+...&client=safari

But it's really not that simple...

1. Just becaus they upload them and give them a title ? Doesn't mean they are gonna show unless you out some custom scripts in for that.

2. You really don't want to just allow anyone to upload anything and it be visible ( imagine the possibilities ).

3. How do you currently receive these images ? Email ? How ?

You should probably be looking more for a image management system, that is moderated and requires users to register and be verified before allowing them to upload...

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    THANKS a lot for your reply!

1. i dont know what a script is, but with title i mean the title above the image on every page on my site.

2. Yeah, i forgot to mention that i obviously would like the users images to be approved before they get uploaded.

3. I currently recieve images by email (from users), but i mostly upload images that i find myself on other peoples websites.

Is it hard to make a registration based website for someone that knows nothing about PHP (like me)?

In addition: I forgot to mention that the small arrow images on the page are hyperlinks to next and previous page, they also need to be changed when someone uploads an image, so that they are directed to the correct page.

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    For someone who knows nothing and is not willing to learn... Extremely difficult.

But what you're asking for is more along the lines of development instead of design. Most of the people here just don't hand over code to someone who ask, but if you actually make an effort, and are trying to get something to work... They are an extremely helpful group.

Head on over to http://www.hotscripts.com , look in he PHP section, under image management ... You'll probably find something useful. Most of the stuff you find on that site is heavily commented to help users with little knowledge understand what they need to do to get it to work.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    One last question how does the website www.iseeahappyface.com manage to deal with this without having a registration page?? Can i use the technique they use, maybe?

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    I've had good luck with an image library called simpleImage:
    http://www.white-hat-web-design.co.u...ages-with-php/

Of course, you'd have to be willing to learn some PHP to get the library to do what you want it to do or be willing to pay for a developer to create a script for you (hm, I wonder where you would find a developer?) Otherwise, I agree with webzarus, see what you can find on hotscripts.com
    Freelance Web Developer

Member #
    Liked
    718 times
    You can allow anyone to upload without logging in.
    The photos (data) is stored in a database and you (the admin) would need to approve it.

The dangers are ...
    Anyone (spammers, etc) can upload images.
    You might get 1000 of them to approve or not-approve every week.

You have to:
    1) limit filetype (JPG, PNG, GIF).
    2) limit filesize.
    3) limit the number of uploads per IP address (but this is easily fooled).
    4) determine when to stop because spammers have exceeded your webhost storage space.

I suggest you use the marketing section of this forum to hire a freelance programmer.

Are those "funny" images and videos unique to your site?
    Seems like many of those I've seen before ... not very interesting or unique.
    Is the purpose of your site supposed to actually be meaningful, or are you just interested in ad clicks?

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Thank you very much for your reply, mlseim

The website is a school related project, the images come from other websites that we have asked for permission to upload on our site, we're both intrested in ad-clicks and maintaining a meaningful website for our fans and for our own plessure (as a school project and hobby).

I've read about and seen examples of those uploading scripts that only upload images to the webserver, but i want PHP (if it's possible) to create a new site, write in a title for the image (that the user has typed in), make so that the image is posted on the page, and make so that the arrows are linked the right pages. - Finding a script for this is the main problem. The uploading an image part is a walk in the park.

Member #
    Liked
    718 times
    Basically what you'll be doing:

1) Take your current webpage (index.html).

2) Change it to "index.php" ... so you can execute PHP scripts.

3) Create a database that will contain the URL to your uploaded photo, and a text caption for it.
    That database should be MySQL, but it could be as simple as a plain .txt file. It depends on how
    much information is needed for each photo, possible categories, and site searching.

4) You only have one web page (index.php). Each time it is refreshed, it renders the page
    with a different photo taken from the database. The PHP script automatically generates the
    previous and next links for the photos. You could decide to use AJAX (javascripting) to
    advance photos without refreshing the page.

Sounds simple, but PHP/MySQL and JQuery knowledge will be required.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I'm beginging to learn right now, im fixing so people can login to my page right now, found a great guy on youtube that explains everything

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads