Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    It doesn't matter if i only have 1 for all images page or 1 page per image, as long as there is a unique url so that people can share specific images on the website. So what is best 1 page or 1 page for each image?

Why do i need a timestamp when i have the image ID which is on A_I? The newest will always have the biggest number, right. So in theory I'll do: if(latestID === image ID) => put on latest page and link this page to imageID - 1 and imageID + 1 --- (next and previous page)

Member #
    Liked
    726 times
    If the ID is unique (and it is), and you add them in 'incrementing' order ... then you are OK.
    It wouldn't hurt to put a timestamp in the MySQL table. Anytime the image is changed, or
    the title is changed, you could stamp the time of change. Just nice to know anyhow if that
    information needs to be queried.

When a photo is uploaded, it will have a date associated with the file ("file added" in the directory).
    If for some reason, you copy all of those photos to your PC (as a backup) and then your
    directory goes "crash / poof" ... when you copy your backup to the directory, all photo filenames
    will have the same upload date ... thus the use of timestamp as Webzarus mentioned.

Maybe after one year you wish to not display the old ones? A timestamp would be nice.

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    A timestamp would also be nice for showing when the image was added or if you want to do a "new since last visit" feature.
    Freelance Web Developer

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Great ideas guys, thanks!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Remove Ads