Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Member #
    Liked
    726 times
    Have you logged into PayPal and looked at how (read about) to have someone pay for a digital item, like a file? Maybe it's something that PayPal can handle without any scripting on your side?

I'll have to look closer myself, it's been a while since I've viewed PayPal's new features.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by mlseim, post: 246878
    Have you logged into PayPal and looked at how (read about) to have someone pay for a digital item, like a file? Maybe it's something that PayPal can handle without any scripting on your side?

I'll have to look closer myself, it's been a while since I've viewed PayPal's new features.
    i do not have paypal, will make an account once im just to release it, but i am curious about the account, do people know your name or is it hidden once they order your product?

Member #
    Liked
    726 times
    Once they click to pay, they leave your site and go to PayPal's secure server.
    They enter their name, CC number, email, shipping address, etc. The only
    thing you get to see is their name, address, email ... so you can send them
    the item. You also get to see if the payment was successful or not.

You need to get a paypal account and test it right now ... because the process
    of purchasing the file is a part of paypal AND your website together. In fact,
    there are a few methods of paypal where you can integrate it all together if
    you know some PHP scripting.

Member #
    Liked
    726 times
    I just found this ....

https://cms.paypal.com/cms_content/U...ng_started.pdf

and it will require a business account, which is free. It just takes longer to set up.

You'll also need to know PHP ... so we're back to the "rocket science" discussion.

There is no way to accomplish your task without PHP knowledge unless there is some
    'paid' service that can handle it for you. It depends on how much you wish to spend.

If you are willing to handle the sale of the PDF manually, you can have them click a
    pay now button. You will have to email it to them later on after you see they've paid.
    So, they won't get the PDF file right away. Doing it that way requires NO PHP.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by mlseim, post: 246886
    I just found this ....

https://cms.paypal.com/cms_content/U...ng_started.pdf

and it will require a business account, which is free. It just takes longer to set up.

You'll also need to know PHP ... so we're back to the "rocket science" discussion.

There is no way to accomplish your task without PHP knowledge unless there is some
    'paid' service that can handle it for you. It depends on how much you wish to spend.

If you are willing to handle the sale of the PDF manually, you can have them click a
    pay now button. You will have to email it to them later on after you see they've paid.
    So, they won't get the PDF file right away. Doing it that way requires NO PHP.
    cool you are very helpful, i wanted to ask you do people see your name when they purchase or can you stay unanimous, secondly regarding xhtml and php im taking this only course http://learncss.tutsplus.com/ just some basics, since i wont have to construct my online shop...

Member #
    Liked
    726 times
    You cannot stay anonymous ... if there's a problem with the transaction, the people buying will be calling their credit card company. It ends-up back on paypal, or whoever your CC merchant is. PayPal has to know your name and PayPal has to know your REAL bank account number ... where you actually bank at. Failure to deliver your items will probably result in the closing of your PayPal account.

If all of that is a problem, create your own LLC company in your state (whichever state you live in). Everything within PayPal, the bank, name, address, etc. will be your company name. Of course you'll have to do your company books and taxes, etc. Any financial problems will be covered under your LLC (Limited Liability Company) and legal action will pertain to that. Your personal finances are protected.

If you don't live in the U.S., you'll have to find a different way. I'm not sure if PayPal will even let you create an account if you're not in the U.S.

Just keep in mind that whenever you deal with a person's finances, or any money involved, you're into very serious territory. You have to trust your CC merchant because they have a connection to your actual bank account. Customers have to trust you because you are ultimately responsible for the entire transaction.

And ... with ANY credit card merchant, you'll be paying transaction fees and possibly monthly fees. Taking peoples' money (other than cash) is not free ... it will cost you a percent of your sales. If the buyer is not satisfied with your PDF file, you need to be sure there is some sort of agreement made about dissatisfied customers. They can't return the product, but you still have to return their full amount ... you take the loss for the fees you paid. They still have your PDF file though, whether they were telling the truth or not. There's a lot of trust involved.

I do have another thought ...

If you publish your PDF file as an e-book, you can have it sold through Amazon. You won't need a website at all. Likewise, Barnes and Nobel, for the Nook.

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    I know one guy, that basically makes the user agree to their TOS, before the "buy now" button is clicked.

The basic TOS, because this is an electronic transfer of information, all sales are final, no returns, no exceptions. Since none of his documents use any kind of online liscensing, check to see if its valid or not, even if the user returns it, there is no way to guarantee the user doesn't keep/use a copy.

As for being anonymous, the user only sees the users "account name", they do not get any more information than that. Any disputes, issues etc... All run back through pay pal, associated with the account number. Of course they can get more information about you from your website, than they will get from pay pal.

Member #
    Sorry to bump this up but has there been changes with this process over the years? Or is it still the same thing?

Member #
    Liked
    726 times
    The changes are that there are more choices for credit card merchants. Example "stripe.com" has the same fee structure of PayPal, but is really easy to use with PHP. Square.com may be another choice.

Member #
    Hi,

Lot's of php framework will be available for create online application like your requirement choose any one of them

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Remove Ads