Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Hi all!

I'd like to know what languages are used when programming an Auction site? Is it PHP? What is all involved in scripting an Auction such as: Is it ran from your own database server or someone elses?
    Do you know of any pre-made auction scripts that can be used freely for WebMasters? I'm a real new Web Designer and need all the help I can get! Thanks A Lot!

Designerbabe32
    Believe in Yourself!

JR
    Member #
    You would need to use a server side language (PHP, ASP, JSP) and a database on your own server.

I wouldn't advise to start using a server-side language on a project this complex. Spend time to learn the basics first.
    JR

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Also, you can find a lot of pre-built auction scripts if you search for them online. I imagine there are probably free ones for most popular languages (PHP, ASP, etc.)

Try here:

[searchweb]free auction site script php[/searchweb]

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Here's one that I found with that search:

http://www.sharewareorder.com/WS-PHP...load-21511.htm

EDIT: oops, that one is $310.... but I'm sure you can find some free ones out there

Member #
    java would be good.
    Any server side language could be used so just choose the one that suits you most. If you are used to BASIC type syntax then choose ASP. If you are familiar with C++ syntax then use PHP. Or you could go nuts and have a go at CGI with Perl but i definetely wouldnt suggest Perl if you arent familiar with any other languages.

p.s when i said BASIC, i didnt mean easy.

Member #
    http://www.hotscripts.com is a rich resource for scripts. If your new to programming and want to learn server processing, PHP is a good choice. It's certainly the most popular of server programming languages.

Remove Ads