Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Search engine

Member #
    Liked
    760 times
    You have a form where they enter the search word.

<form action="search.php" method="post">
    <input type="text" name="target" value="">
    <input type="submit" name="submit" value="Search">
    </form>

A PHP script called "search.php" will look for the target word in the text file. It loops through the lines that have the word and displays those templates that contain the keyword.

How it displays is whatever your webpage layout and CSS is. PHP renders the HTML before it gets sent to the user's browser.

I'm not sure if you're understanding what PHP does. Your webpages that you are making will be named like "index.php" (instead of "index.html") or "search.php" (instead of "search.html"). They will be normal webpages, but you can mix together HTML and PHP. The webhost server processes the PHP before it is sent to the browser, so you don't see the PHP scripting, you see the results of what PHP has done.

Again, it's just like this webpage you are viewing right now. It's all generated and rendered by PHP.

I'm not sure how you are going to accomplish all of that ... unless you have some PHP experience. It's hard for us to write actual scripting because it will be mixed with your HTML webpages and website, which we have no access to.

Your templates themselves could contain JQuery javascripting and PHP scripting, so the end-user would have some dynamic features. Using PHP with "templates" is sort of the whole point of using templates. Templates to me equate to "dynamic" web pages and CMS (Content Management Systems).

Member #
    I understand what php will do , but problem is i dont have any experience in php , i know only to edit some php scripts a little , Should i give you my template and you look inside ?

Member #
    Liked
    760 times
    You might be able to find someone (a freelance programmer) that may help you out for a small fee. Me, personally, I've got way too many projects going on now ... clients are paying me, so they have priority. If you could find someone who does programming in Bosnia, and speaks your native language, that would certainly be the best way to approach this. You could even work out some sort of agreement about a partnership in your template sales. If you do "killer graphics" and your templates become sought-after, you might be into something there.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Remove Ads