Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I'm a student of computer science and i want to done few projects during studies so that i can get job easily after study. I have learned html and css and i created a super nice website design and then i learn basics of javascript and now i learned basics of php from w3school and other few websites. I just know basics of php and mysql like arrays, loops, inserting and retrieving data from database. As i told that i created web design of directory website now i want to develop it, i don't know from where to start it and how cause i just know little about mysql so now where i should start.

I'll be very thankful to you guys if you can help me.

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    You're gonna have to provide some more detail on what you want to do.

Sounds like you have the skills and knowledge to do pretty much anything you may want to, but your question is pretty general. Without any specific details, there really aren't any answers to your posted question.

Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    I think she is asking how to get a better understanding of php, and for that I would recommend more w3schools, or thenewboston on youtube, he has some pretty nice tutorials on tons of languages.
    Andrew Yurlov and m3n0tu18 like this.
    Hey you! Go make something!

Member #
    Liked
    181 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Noteleklabs, post: 248432
    I think she is asking how to get a better understanding of php, and for that I would recommend more w3schools, or thenewboston on youtube, he has some pretty nice tutorials on tons of languages.
    thenewboston is my number 1 sources. They have THE best videos on programming.
    Artificial intelligence is nothing compared to natural stupidity -Someone

Design is a funny word. Some people think design means how it looks.
    But of course, if you dig deeper, itís really how it works.
    -Steve Jobs

Member #
    Liked
    718 times
    jennifer,
    You said you have a website now? If so, who is your webhost? And do you have a link to your site?

Member #
    Liked
    123 times
    Learning programming language is a bit odd. There are so many concepts that you need to know before you can make anything worthwhile. In the meantime, as you learn seemingly arbitrary bits, it almost makes no sense. This is my experience, as a guy that easily learned HTML / CSS, but found PHP to be bit harder to pickup.

The learning process is best done this way: learn the necessary syntax and then do an exercise. Here are the exercises recommend:

1. Get a local server like XAMP or get an online server.
    1. Make a basic contact form that "echos" what you write in the inputs when you click submit.
    2. Validate the input (name must be 4 characters long, age must only be numbers, etc).
    3. Make the form send an email (a local server can't do this, btw).
    4. Have any data that is validated be entered into a database (MYSQL).
    5. Create a CMS.

I recommend PHP Academy on Youtube because their lessons on broken up into activities. I found them very useful and I actually still am going through the lessons. The guy is English or something, so he's got quite a heavy accent FYI.

Remove Ads