Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: .dump files ?

Member #
    Hi everyone,

I have a question. I am setting up a precoded article submission system for a client of mine. The original source code did not include the database structure for the system, but I found the patch for the source code, and in the zip file under a mysql folder was a .dump
    file. Is this the database? Does anyone know?

And if so how can I integrate this into the mysql database on myserver?

Thanks!

Lucian
    Are your website promotion efforts yielding less than satisfactory results? Check out the Website Promotion Tips Blog for help!

Member #
    I always do this! lol

LOL,

I figured it out. The easiest way to add everything in that .dump file to my DB was to use phpMy Admin which most servers that run MySQL have pre-installed. I'm sure there are other ways but this is the only one that I currently know.

For anyone else that might have this same question at a later date,
    if you go into your phpMyAdmin CP and select the name of the database you want to append the .dump file to...

You simply click the SQL tab on the menu, and then scroll down (you may not have to scroll) til you see a text box with the caption: "Or location of the textfile:"

Click the browse button and locate the .dump file you want to append to your DB. Then click ok and if everything in the dump file is in good working order it should automatically add all the data to you Database!

I think I got that right? What are some other ways that you can do this, if any? I think I described the how-to process for this right.

I just hate the fact that I went and shot my mouth off before I actually went and tried to figure it out for myself.

-Lucian :dead:
    Are your website promotion efforts yielding less than satisfactory results? Check out the Website Promotion Tips Blog for help!

Remove Ads