Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    my computer has start then control panel, computer etc, where do I go to open or type in the php, once downloaded.
    I want to practice the php in notepad++.
    Tried downloading xampp etc, but it doesnt open, or says application not found, or just a blank file when opening.

Member #
    Liked
    718 times
    You are required to have your own server to run PHP ... WAMP is a good choice.
    http://www.wampserver.com/en/

What you should really do, because servers require some technical experience, is to subscribe to a shared webhost account w/domain name. You'll pay about $50 per year, but the first year is $40. www.cleverdot.com

I know you'll say that costs money, you need a credit card, etc. but to me, that $40 is worth not having the frustration and problems with creating your own PC server. But it's good to learn PHP.

Also, by having a real online website that allows you to use PHP, MySQLi, etc. is that when you have problems, you can give us a URL to see what your website is doing.

Member #
    Hi, thanks Mlseim, just out of a job at the moment, so Im on a extreme tight budget.
    Given up art, to try perfect webdesign. May just save me if Im lucky.

Member #
    Liked
    718 times
    Use WAMP and follow the instructions on their site.

Member #
    Hi, thanks Mlseim, only problem now is, that their are no instructions, and when I open it, I right click the icon. and click open in location or something, then a whole lot of files come up.
    I dont know which ones to open now.

Remove Ads