Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I would like find out whether is there any program I can find off-the-shelf(may be with minor modification) to setup somethings like the picture shown below, briefly speaking, I need to set up 100years X 12months X 30days X 24hours forum levels, for example:
    1920-->20year
    1920-->20year-->month_1
    1920-->20year-->month_1-->day_1
    1920-->20year-->month_1-->day_1-->0_hour
    and so on.

As you can see, it is crazy to keying one by one.
    The admin control panel also need some modification to change to pull-down list, only open certain year/month/day, instead of 432000 lines all in one page.

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    You've already posted this at vBulletin.org, not to mention I'd imagine several other sites. This is extremely frustrating; please post at only one location. Also, technical vB discussion is not allowed here as stated in the forum rules.
    filburt1, Web Design Forums.net founder
    Site of the Month contest: submit your site or vote for the winner!

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Despite the fact that you've posted this everywhere, I have a possible solution for the basic problem (how to populate a database with numeric sequences).

You should write your own script to do this with PHP / MySQL.

Basically, construct for loops that iterate through years, months, and dates. You'll have to take a look at the database schema to figure out which tables to insert into.

Remove Ads