Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

WP Theme Issue - weeks unable to resolve

Hi, I'm experiencing a problem with my theme, I'm hoping someone can help me fix the issue.

The div=sidebar is the main issue, since it may not be understood by explaining. The best solution is to simple play around with the tabs, they will disappear, that isn't suppose to occur. All the text is suppose to be confined within the div=sidebar, as it stands presently, you can see for yourself, it is not confined within the div=sidebar. This has been frustrating me for weeks, to the point I haven't posted anything new on my blog because of this problem.

I didn't do the PHP coding, and the PHP coder took over some of the styling, I'm also not able to reach the coder of the theme any longer to have him solve the problem.

Member #
    Liked
    718 times
    I don't think this is a PHP issue ... it's a CSS (style layout) issue.

The disappearing occurs when the content in that "tabwrap" area exceeds the height of the <div>. It pushes everything up.

Looking at this file:
    http://www.thecreativesheep.ca/bio/w...sign/style.css

The div id called "tabwrap" has a defined height of 225 pixels ...

#tabwrap {
    padding: 20px 0 0 16px;
    height:225px;
    position:relative;
    }

The fixed height makes the content push up and disappear because it can't fit within the 225px height. You also didn't specify a width. Not having a width makes the content spill outside your graphic image background, instead of staying within the borders.

You can try adding an overflow property to create a vertical scroll bar ...
    overflow:auto; will add a vertical scroll bar and/or horizontal scroll bar if content exceeds your defined width, height.

#tabwrap {
    padding: 20px 0 0 16px;
    height:225px;
    position:relative;
    overflow:auto;
    }

On another note .... that same CSS file has this:
    .tabs-container {
    width:200px;
    height: 200px;
    position:absolute;
    left:40px;
    top:45px;
    }

I don't see that css class used anywhere. That makes me wonder if it was used at one time, but the programmer decided to use #tabwrap. You don't need to use .tabs-container, but I just wanted to point it out so you don't get confused by this unused class.

Before altering the .css file, make a safe copy in case you have to restore the original back.

EDIT:
    When you put in overflow:auto; you'll see if it is always showing everything. I don't understand why the screen refreshes when you click a tab. It should be javascripting, so there would be no screen refresh? Seems like something is wrong with that too.
    Last edited by mlseim; Oct 04th, 2013 at 09:28 AM.

Member #
    Hi, thanks. I commented out .tabs-container for the time being. I added overflow:auto to #tabwrap, which I had done a day or two ago, in-case I didn't mention that Although the tabs continue to disappear ?

Member #
    Liked
    718 times
    I realize that you don't know me, but I am a staff member here. If you wish to have me look at it and are willing to give me ftp access, do a private conversation with me to exchange info. I can't guarantee I'll fix it, but i have a hunch that i can. It won't cost you anything.

It's hard to troubleshoot unless i can look at all the files to pinpoint the exact cause.

Member #
    Liked
    718 times
    Shang ... see private message for details on what I changed.

Remove Ads