Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Ronald Roe

Thread: Wordpress API

Member #

Lightbulb Wordpress API

Can Anyone help me in understanding the Wordpress API? I want to each and every thing in detail about it.

Member #
    Liked
    718 times
    Darshan ... ?

You'll have to elaborate on what you mean.
    Give us an example of what you are talking about.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    WordPress APIs WordPress Codex

Read it. Understand as much as you can. Then ask questions about the things you don't.

That is, if you're not post count inflating by asking generic and stupid questions. And I know you wouldn't do that because that's unethical and pretty silly.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Says the guy with 10,000 posts.

Member #
    Liked
    959 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 11to1 View Post
    Says the guy with 10,000 posts.
    Who's been on this forum for 11 years and is a moderator.

Not a good first impression, bud.
    AlphaMare likes this.
    Ron Roe
    Web Developer
    "If every app were designed using the same design template, oh wait...Bootstrap."

Member #

Question I want to know that how actually Wordpress API Works..

Quote Originally Posted by mlseim View Post
    Darshan ... ?

You'll have to elaborate on what you mean.
    Give us an example of what you are talking about.
    I want to know that how actually Wordpress API Works.. as in how the defaults are picked up when the theme is activated how the fuctions work etc

Member #

Question

TheGAME1264

Can you tell me that how the path of css files & images is set in wordpress and also how can we change it.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Dude, RTFM. Seriously.

This is why I hate questions like this...they're too generalist, they're too vague, and they're based on "I want to do no thinking whatsoever and I want everyone to tell me the answers."

So to answer your question, no, I can't.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    718 times
    Darshan ...

Everyone's WP site is identical with regards to files except for the directory where the "theme" is stored and the database. Everything you do to customize your WP site is done in the theme directory, or more properly done using "child themes" : Child Themes WordPress Codex

Take any WP theme and view the files within that directory. Tear it apart and experiment with the various files. Especially look at 'functions.php'. Only concern yourself with your theme directory and don't mess with any other WP files outside of the theme directory. Use Google to search for WP CODEX methods and many of the tutorials about how WP works. There are a Gazillion details about it, so we cannot describe it using this forum.

Remove Ads