Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mlseim View Post
    Wow ... he's an amazing optimist. You're right, you'll have to find an easy XML or plain-text guestbook to work with. You'll also have to have a way for the tattoo artist to remove any offensive posts. Hopefully his website doesn't get much traffic, because if it does, spammers will be all over it. No amount of captcha will stop human spammers from posting their crap. It's sad that spammers have taken over the internet, but it is what it is.

I'm really curious now to see what his website is. Can you post the URL (without the "http://www")? Maybe I can offer some ideas on how to approach the guestbook pertaining to the location of it on the site. That might be a way to lessen the amount of spam.
    Its not online yet.. Im doing it for a friend, its his 1st site as well as mine. I understand the whole spamming thing i really liked the more simpler email it to me and i update it way of doing it but he is set in his way no matter how much i try and reason with him (guess its a good real world learning experience there).. I have even mentioned doing that just until i can do more research and learn more about what im doing.. Its being done at no charge but i still dont want to publish complete ******** for my 1st attempt..

Optimistic is an understatement! This man is overly confident, to the fact that he cannot see how easily this could cause bad publicity.. I tried to tell him that even if we see something and remove it, theres a possibility it will be seen by others before its noticed by me or him, all i see coming outta this is headache for me! I dont may have to turn this into a paying job if im going to have to deal with all of this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    761 times
    For myself, this website stuff is not my career. For the few that I freelance for now, it's been a positive experience for me. I have had some bad things happen in regards to clients that didn't follow through and blamed me for their mistakes, but I just accept it as part of the business and move on. It's just a website ... I don't take it too seriously.

You should work on getting the domain name registered ... hopefully the name of his business can be the domain name if it's not already taken. You should have your own website as well ... where you can use your site to develop other sites and mock-ups for clients. Your site would be the place to put your designs online so we can see them. Post what you currently have for the tattoo site. You need a website so you have your own sandbox to learn scripting and try out things. When you get stuck, you have a place where others like us can see what you're doing and assist.

A good example is the testimonial script. You could install and test 6 of them on your test site all at the same time, and determine which you like the best.
    Last edited by mlseim; Dec 29th, 2013 at 11:33 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mlseim View Post
    For myself, this website stuff is not my career. For the few that I freelance for now, it's been a positive experience for me. I have had some bad things happen in regards to clients that didn't follow through and blamed me for their mistakes, but I just accept it as part of the business and move on. It's just a website ... I don't take it too seriously.

You should work on getting the domain name registered ... hopefully the name of his business can be the domain name if it's not already taken. You should have your own website as well ... where you can use your site to develop other sites and mock-ups for clients. Your site would be the place to put your designs online so we can see them. Post what you currently have for the tattoo site. You need a website so you have your own sandbox to learn scripting and try out things. When you get stuck, you have a place where others like us can see what you're doing and assist.

A good example is the testimonial script. You could install and test 6 of them on your test site all at the same time, and determine which you like the best.
    Im a graphic designer, well going to school to be. I plan on building a site but at the moment im more focused on school, i took the class to get the basics, ill teach myself the rest. Its not going to be a career. Or it wont be something i plan to specialize in. I started this site as a final for the class but to be honest i want to see it further now.

I have a creative cloud account and from what i understand i have free hosting from business catalyst? Not sure how that works? And im not sure if he would be ok with me publishing it there to show on here or not. Ill ask and if hes ok with it and i can figure out BC ill put it online for you all to see.

The domain i have told him plenty of times to get, he may have gotten it already but that is his problem not mine! Atleast i dont think as the designer would register the name and all?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Remove Ads