Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: GD_function

Member #
    Anybody who can give me a brief (if possible) description of how to utilize the GD function of PHP to extract a jpeg picture and display it?

Let's say you have a catalog /images/image.jpg, where you want to use the gd functions to extract MIME data and display a compressed version (thumbnail size) of the original. This thumbnail should then be clickable to launch either a new page containing a larger version of the picture with some commentary, or just a popupwindow with the larger image.

I've managed to construct a database table that does all of the above, but then I include all HTML tags in the table with reference to a thumbnails folder I've created.
    The images are searchable (through some PHP/MySql coding) and displayed in a table together with relevant picture info. When clicked on, they open a new page with a large version of the picture together with more elaborate commentaries extracted from the database table.

It would be nice though, if I didn't have to make an extra folder on the server containing thumbnails of all the original pictures. It would also give me more flexibility with regard to the size of the thumbnails and blown up versions.
    S. Rosland

Remove Ads