Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Got a question.

Member #
    Okay, I'm pretty new to wbe design, I did most everything with
    frontpage, but then a freind showed me the php format, showed mne how to convert it all over, but now I'm having some troubles, here's 2 different links on my site,

http://www.e-emotorsports.com/350z.php
    and
    http://www.e-emotorsports.com/350zsusp.php

now my problem is on the pages with the tables, they are too wide, and I am unsure how to shrink them in the php format to make them look like all the others and be uniform, frontpage let me adjust on my own, but I can't do php with frontpage anymore.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks
    Eric

Member #
    php doesnt affect the width of your tables.. You have to edit your HTML code.

php, along with asp, perl, etc, are server-side programming languages. They wont affect your html unless you tell them to.

If you dont understand me then forget about learning php and start with HTML.

Member #
    I am pretty familiar with using html, not as much as I used to be, but am starting to remember. A buddy of mine did the first page in the php format, which I had never heard of before, and he set up the header and footer for me to go through and add that to all of my html files and convert them over to php format. I have gone through and messed arounf with the table width's and they still don't change anything, I'm not sure if it's because I started the pages on frontpage, and forntpage did some weird stuff with them.

Eric

Member #
    Like buntine says PHP doesn't alter HTML in any way.

You say your friend "converted" your HTML pages to PHP(??) That is not possible as PHP is not a browser/client-side language.

If your pages are stored on server that has the PHP-engine installed, you can embed PHP scrips in your HTML pages that the server will execute before sending the HTML page to your clients/viewers. You can also have completely normal HTML pages among all your PHP-pages on the server. They run just like normal, and do not need to be "converted" to PHP.

If your pages layout has changed, then it's because your friend has altered the HTML during his so called "convertion".
    S. Rosland

Member #
    I got the problem fixed, what my buddy did was, designed the header and footer in php, I guess, and he told me to go through my whole site, add the header and footer code to each page, and then save it as a php file instead of html.

Eric

Remove Ads