Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Generate vectors into PDF file or similar (layered if possible)

Hello,

I am a web hobbyist and I want to create a web-based software similar with this one here www. sweet cuts pro.com (remove spaces) but I need some guidelines please.
    Basically, it is a cut file for packaging boxes that has to be vectorial (and, ideally, in 2 layers). The black line is thru-cut path and red line is crease path.
    See this image Screen Shot 2014-03-16 at 01.01.50.jpg

What I want to do is to create a web-based software where users can input the sizes of the box they need (WxHxD) and the software will generate a vectorial file (PDF, EPS, AI, .cut etc.) with the cut and crease paths, ideally cut path will be on one layer and crease path on the second layer.

I was thinking to PHP but I am not sure if this is the best language or what library can generate vectors and not image. If anybody can help me with some guidelines is much appreciated.

Thank you!

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    You might be able to do this using SVG and ASP.net, although I've personally never tried it. I've done raster images on the fly in ASP.net and they work great.

Interactive Mapping Using SVG & ASP.NET
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Hi,

Thanks for your answer.
    I've never used ASP but seems like it's time to start.
    Though, if anybody can suggest another option, is welcome to do it.

Member #
    Hi,
    I have managed to generate the file I need with SVG which works like a charm. Thought, I have an issue.
    In my project is essential to have 3 layers:
    myLayer 1 (main layer)
    myLayer 2 (main layer)
    myLayer 3 (main layer).

I am unable to find a solution to do this. I've tried SVG groups and php pdflib but they fail because they create a main layer and my layers become sub-layer under this main layer:

Layer 1 (main layer)
    --myLayer 1 (sublayer of Layer 1)
    --myLayer 2 (sublayer of Layer 1)
    --myLayer 3 (sublayer of Layer 1)

Any idea how to sort this out please?

Thank you,
    George

Remove Ads