Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times

How can I send an email through a php file to look just like this one?

I want the email to look like this with the pictures and everything through a php page. How do I get it to do it?

pbngb.com

Member #
    Liked
    716 times
    I don't know what your question means ...

EDIT .... oh I get it now!

The link you provided is the actual email you received, an HTML email.

That is done by sending an HTML email instead of a plain text email. But there are some things you should know.

1) Some people have HTML email turned-off or disabled in their email client, so they won't see it.

2) All images and dynamic content have to be hosted somewhere online. They don't travel with the email. The email only contains HTML and references to images online.

3) Because the email needs to reference images online, a person can only see the email if they are online.

4) Most people that need to send something that elaborate, send an email with a link to that HTML page on their website. That is because of items 1-3 that I listed above.

I have an actual PHP script you can test, but it's too long (length) to post here. I'll have to show it some other way.

Here is the test script:
    http://www.catpin.com/email-test.txt

Copy and upload to your website. Call it something like "email-test.php" (.php, not .txt).

Put in your real email where indicated, and then run the script. Check your email to see what shows up.

It should look exactly like the example you showed in post #1.

Notice in the $mailcontent string, all double quotes are 'escaped' with the backslash \
    That is because those need to be a part of the string, sent with the email.
    Last edited by mlseim; Mar 31st, 2014 at 11:42 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Thanks a bunch!

Remove Ads