Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times

Using Cron Job To Send Out Email List

I have a friend who sends out inservice information for about 50,000 teachers a couple times a week. I have set up a php page to check a database to find any unsent emails that he may has created and sends them to each of the teachers. He sends these out 2 to 3 times a week. I have been told that if you run this page from your computer, that emails are then marked as “spam” because of all of the emails being sent from that ip so I set up a Cron Job to run this page. Are there any problems with this? If so, what can I do about it?

Member #
    Liked
    716 times
    If it works without being marked as "spam", then there is no problem. CRON jobs are used all the time for many different things, including email sending.

Some webhosts limit the number of emails sent by 'how many per minute' or 'how many per hour', etc.

Remove Ads