Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

PHP Framework for making a login page/website

Hello Everyone,
    I am currently a asp.net developer but am moving away from it and into php + MySQL. I have actually coded in PHP/MySQL before doing asp.net but due to work requirements, have ended up using mostly asp.net webforms.

Now I am turning coats and moving back to PHP/MySQL. I understand the code and OOP of PHP as well as Database design with SQL quite well. However, what I am unsure of is where to get started in frameworks.

Specifically, I want to create a login website that allows users to register (with different roles), login, change their password, have a profile page, etc. using PHP/MySQL.

I was looking at tutorials on how to do this and the best I have found so far is: How to Create a Secure Login Script in PHP and MySQL - wikiHow. I understand all the code there, but I think it is probably a bad idea to create your own login website because there could always be things that are insecure that you don't know about in the future.

Thus, the best solution would be to use a framework to do the hard work for you - and then you can just learn the framework.

My question is, what is the best framework to use to be able to create a login website that you can fully customize yourself? I know this is a highly subjective question but I was considering learning Laravel. There are a lot of frameworks out there and I don't want to use one that is over-kill. I just want it simple and secure so I can make many different types of login pages for different clients.

For those of you who have experience making login websites with php + mysql, what solution do you use?

Thank you!!

Member #
    Liked
    717 times
    For something pre-made using PHP and MySQLi (the "i" means improved, and that is soon to be a requirement as MySQL will deprecate), here is a framework already created that you can use within your own website scripting:
    Discussion on Frameworx - Bootstrap Powered PHP MySQLi Framework | CodeCanyon

You won't have to re-invent the wheel. It's only a framework to build upon, it's not a complete website. It's only $20.

There are tutorials to build your own, and they are probably fine (as far as security). They key is to look toward "PHP5 and MySQLi".

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by mlseim View Post
    For something pre-made using PHP and MySQLi (the "i" means improved, and that is soon to be a requirement as MySQL will deprecate), here is a framework already created that you can use within your own website scripting:
    Discussion on Frameworx - Bootstrap Powered PHP MySQLi Framework | CodeCanyon

You won't have to re-invent the wheel. It's only a framework to build upon, it's not a complete website. It's only $20.

There are tutorials to build your own, and they are probably fine (as far as security). They key is to look toward "PHP5 and MySQLi".
    Have you ever used this? What do you use for such websites?

Member #
    Liked
    717 times
    I mostly do custom installs and modifications to WordPress sites. So, I use WordPress. Any sites I do by hand normally don't require user/membership logins. But I would most likely purchase something pre-made to save me time. It can always be customized if there is something I don't like about it.

You just have to know when you purchase a script, is it a complete script? is it a add-on or plugin to WordPress? is it a "helper" script that you use with an existing website? In that case above, it's something to add to an existing site so you have the ability to manage user registrations and logins.

Member #
    I think the best one to start with is Codeigniter. Its a very solid framework and I think its one of the best documented ones.

Member #

Remove Ads