Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Availability function

Hi every body, I do webapplication about clinic researvation and appointment website . I struggling in availability function of appointment time and doctors. The idea is when the petaint make his resavation and chose time n day, this time in the day should appear not avilable to next petaint. Any one help me with that.
    Cheers

Member #
    I use php in my code

Member #
    Liked
    717 times
    You'll for sure need a database.

Do the users need to register and log-in?

Usually a patient can't make the actual appointment. They can only suggest what times are best for them. The clinic will nail the exact time and duration, as they know more about how long a particular visit may take.

That being said, the clinic needs to also use the program so it can display times only when doctor(s) are available, and that changes day to day.

This project of yours sounds a lot like a homework assignment for a programming class.

Is it?

Member #
    Thanks mlseim
    Of course ve database and users must register first, registration needs 4 future markinting as well.
    The clinic staff ve full control to adopt the time n duration .
    But my problem is the availability of time just like airline websites when ppl resarve seat they need to choes day and time of the plane if the plane is available, when the plane is full then become deactivated 4 reserve.

Member #
    Liked
    717 times
    Is the clinic in the U.S.? Usually clinics are already using software for appointments and patient information. I can't imagine anyone could write something themselves that was as secure or efficient as they already use. There are strict laws in the U.S. about patient confidentiality. Anything you do online through a website would need to be really secure. That being said, they should purchase an existing system. You'll never be able to do this yourself. If you are not in the U.S., and the country you're in doesn't care about confidentiality, I guess you could create any website you wish.

The reservation part could use JQuery Date Picker. The date pick calendar would 'disable' dates/times that were already taken.

I'm not sure where the best place to begin is. I suppose you create the MySQLi database first.

Remove Ads