Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: monkeyShout

Member #

monkeyShout

This whole thing is HTML5 and PHP.

monkeyShout

How would I go about finding people to help me 'finish' it without giving away too much access to source code?

Member #
    Liked
    716 times
    Create a written non-disclosure agreement.
    Contact someone who does programming.
    Have them sign a copy before you let them in on your details.
    If they don't with to participate, you have their NDA signed and on record.

If you are in the U.S., only select programmers in the U.S.
    Legal action outside of the U.S. will do nothing for you.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    SVN. If they screw up, by accident or otherwise, you'll want an SVN so that you have a restoration point.

I wouldn't necessarily restrict yourself to US programmers, especially since you're Australian. I'm not just saying that because I'm Canadian, but because you want to select from as large a talent pool as possible. Just be aware of the legal action issue, that's all; ideally, pay with a credit card so that if something goes wrong you have some way of getting the funds back.

Another thing you could do is use a service such as oDesk. The advantage in this case is that, should you get something you don't want or the service is less than desirable, you can give the provider a negative review. It doesn't get you your money back but it does provide an incentive to keep the programmer honest.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Remove Ads