Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    i basically have this situation, what is the best solution.

i have a menu, currently its a plain include. (here.)
    the menu is currently included on the index page here.

As you can imagine I would like to have it so when on the page selected that tab is selected as white, as per when rolled over. What would be the best way to do this? Bearing in mind this is a site structure like index.php,products.php etc.

One option I thought about was passing sessions with a link and using that to show/hide various images. Would that be the best way? Or just passing a url param like ?pageid= xx and from there work out which one to show. Does anyone have any expierence with this? I know the pages arenít gonna change so should I just do static nav ?

This is kinda funny, because I donít know what would be the best way to do it. Any ideas thanks. This project is due in two days for my course. lol

Englandshire, United Kingdomsville y'all!
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I've got the same thing on one of my designs. I just pass a variable to the included nav from the main page and then load different images for the nav accordingly. It's the most flexible way IMO.

Member #
    i think i have it sorted. i used a switch with case and a get string to do the nav in an include.

http://www.unleashed.co.nz/gyrotech/index_md.php

try adding a ?p=1 (goes to 6)

thanks for your help.

Englandshire, United Kingdomsville y'all!
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Oh right, I thought you were looking for the tabs to change colour and stay changed whilst the browser was at a specific page.

If I'd realised that you were looking for a simple mouseover effect I would have suggested using CSS. Example below:

www.lobsterweb.com/cssrollover.html

Member #
    nah, its cool, i have the rollovers sorted. i just wanted the tab white when on that specific page, and to further have no rollover effect on it. you know what i mean. thanks i have got it sorted.
    Its great there is only one page used and a small switch in php does the dirty work. lol.

Remove Ads