Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

How to create a Master and Detail page in Dreamweaver cc?(using mysqli)

Hello ,
    so i want the following:

I want to create a web site for recipes, so i created many databases with for a lot of food categories like vegetarian , diet...So when somebody clicks on let's say diet they should see page with diet recipe names and pictures (that's the master page).Then when they click on the name of the recipe then a new page should appear with the details about the recipe like ingredients , directions (the detail page)...How to do this?And i don't want ro buy the expensive extension.Please i need your help.

Member #
    Liked
    716 times
    The answer to this depends on the detail you need.

For example, you could make the database so detailed that a person could search for ingredients, eg. eggs, and all recipes that use eggs would appear.
    A less detailed database would be a 1 MySQL table.
    1 table for recipe names, food category, photo lists, recipe ingredients and instructions
    You have 2 parts to your project, and it has to be done online because this is all server-side. You have your admin part to add, edit, delete database, and the user part to do the search and displays.

Member #
    Yes but lets say the user choose diet categorie.So he will see a page with for example 10 recipes , but there are also a lot more pages that contain fiet recipes (and this is paging that I understand).I need to make the names of the recipes to links that lead me to a dynamic page that contains the details of the particular recipe.I need only the code for this , nothing more.Can somebody give me a link for some pages that can me explain this , or maybe somebody could write the code for me , pleae

Member #
    Liked
    716 times
    I recommend you go one of two ways ...

1) You use a pre-made responsive template that you would customize and get someone to do the coding ... Like this:
    Tasty Delicious recipes Preview - ThemeForest

2) Use WordPress. Use a WP template that you could customize like this:
    Talisa - Food Recipes Wordpress Theme - WordPress | ThemeForest

WordPress would require less programming, but you need to learn wordpress.
    You won't be using Dreamweaver at all ... it's all done online.

The other template is just a template. A programmer would need to do the database programming.

Nobody here will code it for you unless it's a paid job. It will be a lot of programming (in my opinion).

Remove Ads