Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    137 times
    I'm working on a project and I need to lay out some windows in it. Similar format to the front news page of a board like Invision. How would you lay out the windows, div, CSS, what? The information in all of the windows, except for the header and footer of course, will be dynamic.
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Preferably divs using CSS, it can make things really easy. But of course what can be done in CSS can be done with tables, it's just messier.
    Kyle Neath: Rockstar extraordinare
    The blog | The poetry site | The Spore site

Member #
    Liked
    137 times
    This thing will be CSS, that's for sure. Divs are confusing though. Don't know how they're truly better than tables, as they look similar to me.
    The Rules

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    they're actually really simple once you grasp the concept... relative positioning is confusing though, and I still don't know what that's all about... it would probably make things easier in a dynamically generated layout though.
    Kyle Neath: Rockstar extraordinare
    The blog | The poetry site | The Spore site

Member #
    Liked
    137 times
    I think the relative positioning is to make it easier to diagram boxes (or whatever) on the grid, then pick where and when they overlap each other. Great concept, just don't need it ATM.
    The Rules

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Remove Ads