Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By brandMatt
  • 1 Post By drtao
  • 1 Post By brandMatt

Thread: Please help, I've messed up a clients site - Responsive PHP

Member #
    Liked
    2 times

Please help, I've messed up a clients site - Responsive PHP

Hello everyone.

Let me start by saying I am not a developer, and I don't know anything about coding a responsive website. I do know enough about Html and CSS to be dangerous.

Short backstory; My soon-to-be business partner has been working with someone to develop her websites and make changes to them. Because of me, she has become aware that he has been using her company to acquire work without her knowledge. So we are getting rid of him.

Now to the current situation - There were some changes that needed to be made to a clients hours on a website. I guess I didn't realize that it was a responsive site, so I logged into the hosting account, opened the PHP file and made changes to the dates and times. All without following my first rule… BACK UP THE SITE BEFORE MAKING ANY CHANGE.

Now some columns shifted and I have a map that moved to the right where it's overlapped by the text that is there and the hours section from the top location has moved below the next location... well you get the idea.

I'm now trying to figure out how to correct the monumental f-up, and I'm here looking for some help.

Someone please help me figure this out.

TIA

UPDATE:

I am hiring someone, but it doesn't look like it can be done until Monday and of course it can't wait.

Here is the problem: http://www.fireworkscityonline.com/locations.php
    Last edited by drtao; Oct 31st, 2015 at 10:39 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    51 times

Sounds like you have two choices. Hire a web professional, or make the fixes your self. If you planned to fix it yourself, and want help with it, you might want to throw a link to the problematic site in this thread, preferably in your original post. If you aim to hire a pro to do it, and there are tonnes of em' out there. Do a google search check out some of their portfolios.
    Last edited by brandMatt; Oct 31st, 2015 at 11:10 AM.

My Web Site:
    brandwebdesign.ca
    If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link. Some of us are really insecure and need those likes so that we feel important and smart, so come on, help us out, huh?

Member #
    Liked
    51 times

Looks like a closing table tag is out of place. Line 539 has to be MOVED up to line 411, in locations.php. There might be an additional issue with the css, try this fix first though.

The line numbers may not be correct. My line numbers are from the rendered version. Your file would likely be significantly shorter.
    Last edited by brandMatt; Oct 31st, 2015 at 12:17 PM.
    drtao likes this.

My Web Site:
    brandwebdesign.ca
    If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link. Some of us are really insecure and need those likes so that we feel important and smart, so come on, help us out, huh?

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    When I am in there I don't see that many lines of code (see attached). Can you be a little more specific please.

fwc_lines.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by brandMatt View Post
    Looks like a closing table tag is out of place. Line 539 has to be MOVED up to line 411, in locations.php. There might be an additional issue with the css, try this fix first though.

The line numbers may not be correct. My line numbers are from the rendered version. Your file would likely be significantly shorter.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I figured it out!!!

Thank you for your help! Even though the line numbers didn't match up you gave me the information I was looking for.

Last edited by drtao; Oct 31st, 2015 at 01:08 PM.
    brandMatt likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    51 times
    Awesome. Glad to help.
    mlseim likes this.

My Web Site:
    brandwebdesign.ca

Remove Ads