Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I'm part of group that is about to set up a site for union members of an airline consortium. This particular group of unions will serve aproximately 10 000 members. Obviously it will not be a commercial site, but be more of an information portal to members in 6 different countries, where information and flashnews will be published along with a discussion forum and some sort of mass mailing system.

We have not yet decided on wether to go for an opensource solution or some commercial product.

I read a thread sabout CMS started by JR, and followed the link to opensourceCMS. There seem to be a lot of different solutions to choose from.

The site would have to contain:
    • a login system as most information would be restricted
    • Some sort of flashnews/bulletinboard where the information could be categorized and prefferably be searchable
    • A discussionforum for members where threads could be started and organized
    • A massmailing system
    • different access privileges, as a limited amount of people would have write-access to certain parts of the site
    • a calender function where different scheduled events could be found

Any recommendations or tips?
    S. Rosland

Member #
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    WDF Resources: WDF Rules
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

Member #
    Yes, thanks!

Since I'm fairly unfamiliar with the concept myself, I was wondering if anybody had any experience with these systems, and if so which one would fit the before mentioned criterias best.

There are almost too many different versions/systems to start testing/evaluating without a molecule of preliminary guidance or directions.

I'll of course check out the links you provided :classic:
    S. Rosland

Remove Ads