Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Same Url but different page

Hi. I encountered a website with a url that ends with directory_standalone.php. There's a search bar on it and whatever keyword is entered it will produce the corresponding result but the url doesn't change. So when 2 different search results are given, they will always have the same url. And if there are multiple pages for each result and if one of the pages is clicked(say page 2), the ending url changes to directory_standalone.php?page=2 or directory_standalone.php?page=x where x=page number. This is the same for whatever search is made. Furthermore, if the url of the search result is copied and pasted on a new tab, it will show only the page with the search bar without the results. In other words, the results cannot be linked.

I'm unfamiliar with php or what's going on the server side, but if someone could explain this I would really appreciate.
    Thanks!

Member #
    Ok. Found the answer.

Member #
    What is the answer? I suppose jQuery :P

Member #
    Sounds to me like the page uses a PHP session to hold the search term. Or it's just temporarily stored in a PHP variable and the script submits to itself using $_SERVER['PHP_SELF']; . This would explain why the results don't show when you c/p to a new tab.

Remove Ads