Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

react with ci or laravel

I have been using CI and jquery to build web applications for past few years and I am very comfortable using it.
    Now, I am planning to start new project using reactjs or angular or vue on the frontend.

Laravel is completely new for me and I think it'll take some time getting used to like CI. There are some good features that I liked but also, I think learning two languages Laravel or whichever JS language I choose at once is going be a bit tough.

So, would it better to learn Laravel or continue using Codeigniter?
    I have already built lots of functions and libraries for CI.

Also, what I like about CI is it's stable versions. The changes are slow and minor. So, I don't have to make lots of changes in codes even when I want to upgrade.
    Laravel seems to be always changing and upgrading would be hard. While studying tutorials, some v5.4 functions were different than in v5.7.
    So, basically if I started laravel project with current version, I think it would be really hard to upgrade to new one when available but for CI, I updated from 2 to 3 with very little problems.

Thank you and hope to get some suggestions.

Remove Ads