Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Creating a CMS

Member #
    transio, i was thinking the same thing!

Member #
    I'm game for the learning experience, I'll contribute what I can if this keeps moving forward
    - Brian

Member #
    Liked
    139 times
    Heh, I talked about something like this in the mod section last month eheh! it's got my blessings!
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

JR
    Member #
    Maybe we should get something like that here as well? That would be cool
    JR

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Well, someone present the idea to filburt. We've got 3 mods and a couple members who are up for it, and a community of programmers and designers who can contribute. I think we could come up with some really cool projects.

Gnu forum aside, I have a pretty cool architecture I started putting together for an XML-based CMS. It's not meant for large sites, though... only sites of 1000 pages or less, and I haven't completed it yet. Last time I worked on it, I had an XSD schema and a simple XML sample file put together. What makes it unique from other CMS's is that instead of having generic pages, it instead has separate files to contain your company information... one with clients, one with projects, one with services, one with products, one with FAQs, etc.... then the website is generated from XSL-T templates that are applied for each specific section of your site. It's a pretty unique approach to CMS design. If you guys are interested, I would be glad to allow you to use what I've done so far.

Member #
    Liked
    139 times
    JR just did present the idea in the mods section.

I think the WDF members would love it. As for my uses, it'll definitely get over that size.
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Member #
    I support it I am actually in the process of creating a Scripting Engine/CMS

Member #
    I'll support the idea too. I've completed 2 CMS' now which are pretty feature-full
    assassingod - vB.org Moderator :ichatsmile:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Remove Ads