Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Hi,
    I want to learn PHP and MySQL, anyone know of any tutorials online that would be useful for a beginner like me?. And is it really hard to learn it?.... I would love to master it hehe :cheeky:

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    What languages do you already know?
    filburt1, Web Design Forums.net founder
    Site of the Month contest: submit your site or vote for the winner!

Member #
    basically everything about HTML

Member #
    Here's a great book I used to learn. I didn't include my affiliate link, so don't shoot me :classic:

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Originally posted by NyCwill
    basically everything about HTML
    HTML doesn't really count as a programming language. I'd suggest starting with a simpler language like Visual Basic. While PHP itself is easy, the code can be murderous to look at.

Also, keliix06 makes an important point: a book is often a far better way of learning a language than a website.
    filburt1, Web Design Forums.net founder
    Site of the Month contest: submit your site or vote for the winner!

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Learning something like VB will give you a good theory behind programming that you can easy transfer to PHP. Or you can just go halls balls into it and have a headache for a while. I find the best way to learn a new language is by doing. Pick a project, and find misc tutorials to accomplish it. If you just read tutorials, boooks, etc, you wont learn anything. You have to use it to learn it.
    Kyle Neath: Rockstar extraordinare
    The blog | The poetry site | The Spore site

JR
    Member #
    I would learn JavaScript first. It is similar to PHP and there is plenty of JavaScript code hanging around on the net to rip apart and examine. Learning VB would be a waste of time if you want to know stuff for web design, so you might as well just start with JavaScript.

And by the way, learn CSS before you start with all this stuff.
    JR

Member #
    I already know CSS hehe....Hmm, maybe I should try to learn both at the same time lolz. I found this site call webmonkey I think they have a pretty good and simple PHP tutorial that is good enough to start me out. What trigger me to start learning PHP is this gallery script from http://www.nekio.com, but its not for sale .. so maybe if i learn a little bit of php or maybe become like guru in PHP and start creating my own personal script...

Banned
    Member #
    ASP is, i find ,one of the easier languages, and can be very useful, the default scripting for which is VBScript, in turn a cut down version of VB..wow learn three languages in one!..I would also agree that javascripts a good language to pick up early..

if you pick up the key programming concepts(objects,classes, operators,loops etc), you'll find it a lot easier to understand most languages..

Member #
    I cant wait to start creating my own script .... Thank you all for the great help.... next you'll be seeing me posting alot of questions about how to do certain things......

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads