Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Anyone know of a script I could get similar to FilePlanets Download setup? I have a site with MANY MANY downloads all within a database. I also have identical servers throughout various areas with all the files. Is there a way I can set my site up to show the differenet servers, along with the status maybe, and use line ups for each etc?
    Pixel Fuse - Signature webpage, just a spashpage.
    Flash Frogger - Frogger remake, animated/coded in Flash (incomplete/discontinued)
    Daase Art Studio - Homepage of David Daase, a Canadian landscape artist - image gallery/showcase.
    More links if I think of some...

Member #
    Liked
    137 times
    That's a big project. When you search for a file, the main web server will have to poll all the servers to get their status and line up, etc, then go from there. Possibly each web server will be on a downloading server as well. I doubt you can find a single script to do this. Interesting project though, good luck!
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Member #
    Hehe... I was kinda hoping that there is a downloadable script like this out there already that I could use.. :P

Say I just wanted the line ups feature.... how much work you think something like this would take to come up with?
    Pixel Fuse - Signature webpage, just a spashpage.
    Flash Frogger - Frogger remake, animated/coded in Flash (incomplete/discontinued)
    Daase Art Studio - Homepage of David Daase, a Canadian landscape artist - image gallery/showcase.
    More links if I think of some...

Member #
    Liked
    137 times
    Don't know squat about developing SW across multiple servers, except that it can involve SOAP and another one I can't think of.
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Remove Ads