Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hello, I know practically nothing about PHP (yeah I know, great.) but I'm trying to get a very specific thing, so I wondered if anyone has any examples or can help me.

See, I'm using a vBulletin forum, and I also have a seperate weblog software, it's a pain in the *** to seperate them. What I would like to do, is create some kind of icon in the vBulletin forum that lets you make a new special kind of thread, maybe just one that is locked, and then I need to be able to display that thread on my front page. This sounds complicated I guess but it seem's simple in my mind.

Here's the site right now,

http://www.dasamyama.com

and the forum,

http://www.dasamyama.com/forum

I don't know how I would get the text part of a new thread onto the main page, if anyone could help me out here, I'd really appreciate it.

Member #
    while displaying the thread on your front page would not be that hard, the making a special type of thread probably would either be easy, or hard, in the fact that all you have to do is put certain attributes to to the code, or rewrite or completely make a new code to start that type of thread. so it could be easy or it could be hard. Why would you want to make a locked thread anyway? just make a anouncement or make a thread than lock it, you can do both of these in vBulletin as the admin.
    KRS-ONE....Knowledge Reigns Supreme Over Nearly Everyone....

Member #
    Liked
    137 times
    Do you want a special sub-forum where any new posts in said forum would be listed on the front page? If so, vBPortal should be able to do that. Keep in mind any technical talk about vB is not allowed here.
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Member #
    Er, I'm sorry about the technical thing with vB, I didn't notice that rule.

What I'm looking for is a way to get a sort of blog that uses vBulletin software to show up on the front page, not sure how I could go about doing this. Maybe one ongoing thread that can be posted to by administrators, hmm. Can you recommend another forum for asking / finding vBulletin help?

Member #
    Liked
    137 times
    Read my previous post's question. You can output the posts in a thread to the frontpage of a site, and with the admin controls you can limit access to it. Any bulletin software can do this.
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Remove Ads