Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    All right, I have been trying for weeks to make a file manager, but the Linux permissions system is giving me a hard time. Due to the problems functions like rmdir and unlink were giving me, I have considered using the system function (also the same as the `` charters) to use basic Linux commands.

Sadly, I can only get a couple things to work. rm will work on a file in the same directory as the script. ls and cd work, but after I cd I can't do commands in the new folder. Also, I can't get any error codes and am not sure whether or not it even produces them.

So, here are my questions...

1) Can you login with system? Do you have to log out? (please include syntax)

2) What permissions do you have by default?

3) Does is make error codes? How to I get them?

Also, either good outside resources or suggestions on a better approach are welcomed.

Many Thanks,

Trent

Member #
    well there is some good stuff in the php.net manual but what you are really gonna have to do is learn how to use linux

Remove Ads