Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Is there a way i can get php to download a file from another domain, as opposed to uploading it from the client?

I'm working on a script that is cataloging some pictures with names, and i want to enter the name and a link to the picture then have the script get said picture and store it locally.
    If its not in Family Guy its not worth it.

Member #
    not sure what u mean - but seems like your saying you wanna hi-jack some images to your local drive --

explain a little better ;
    Mas
    Gemini-isp.com

Member #
    im making a buisness site for a family friend, and he wants a user friendly way to add products so he doesn'thave to go through phpmyadmin. I'v made a page that will add all the info, but it only uploads the pictures if they are on the clients computer. I want him to be able to add them from a url and have php download then move them. (to speed up shifting from static html to this mysql system) That way he doesn't have to dl each pic, then upload it.
    If its not in Family Guy its not worth it.

Member #
    you would have to use fopen or fsockopen. read up on it on www.php.net

Remove Ads