Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I have made a guestbook and I am having one small but annoying problem. after the user submits a message, they are redirected to the "view" page. but when you get to the view page the new message is not there. If you retype the url address to view the message, then the new message appears.

my guestbook consists of 3 pages:

1. add.php which is just the html form that user uses. the action is to the confirm page.

2. confirm.php checks to see that all the fields have been filled out. if they havent been filled out, an error message occurs(and this works). if all the fields have been filled out, the user is rerouted to the view.php using the "location: url" function. This also works. (i am using the confirm.php page to eliminate the possibility of the data being reentered if the user hits the refresh button)

3. view.php is where all the messages are displayed. when i get here from the confirm.php page i get all the messages, except the one i just entered. if i retype the URL, then i usually get the new message.

also, after i submit a message and i dont see it on the view page, i quickly check my "phpMyAdmin" to see if it has been updated with the new data, which it has.

Here is a link to the page. http://www.ericbusch.net/adam/guestbook/add.php Feel free to submit any messages you like to test it out. also, if it works the first time, try again and see if it works. (the guestbook doesnt test for email validation, so type anything)

any help would be a great help!

Eric Busch
    Blogs For Sale - Each blog is packed with 1000s of signatures and ads are highly integrated into the site. Great CTR! Completely customizable from Admin CP. On Sale!
    Complete Websites For Sale - Fantastic looking sites rich with content. Come complete with domain names. I only have a couple of these.

Member #
    works for me...

Member #
    Did it work for your when you tried again. now, that seems to be the problem i am having. the very first time i submit a message it works but when i use the link from the "view" page, type a new message and hit "Send" i dont see the new message.

Try doing 2 messages and see what happens,

thanks!
    eric
    Blogs For Sale - Each blog is packed with 1000s of signatures and ads are highly integrated into the site. Great CTR! Completely customizable from Admin CP. On Sale!
    Complete Websites For Sale - Fantastic looking sites rich with content. Come complete with domain names. I only have a couple of these.

Member #
    Here's some more information about my problem

When i am using the guestbook, i don't see the message on the view page after i submit the message. When i am on the view page, i right click and refresh but nothing happens. BUT, when i use the refresh button on the browser window, it refreshes and shows all the messages.

also, i can enter in many messages without seeing them and as soon as i hit the refresh button, all the messages pop up, even the most reccent one.

its almost like the "view.php" page is not automatically being refreshed/updated...

any ideas?
    eric

Member #
    a little more info and the basis of the problem:

the "view.php" is NOT refreshing and updating automatically

eric

Member #
    i dont see anything wrong with it and i keep posting

Member #
    Thanks for trying, unclekyky! I tried on another computer and it was working fine for me, too. It's just my home computer where it doesn't work. I don't understand it but i guess since its working it really doesn't matter.

Eric Busch

Remove Ads