Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I am trying to develop a work order/invoicing system for a client of mine. I am having some difficulty in the design and layout of the tables within my database.

Could someone please help?

AIM - NuStarTec
    MSN - jmyers_nc@hotmail.com
    Y! - jmyers_nc

Thanks

Jeff

Member #
    Liked
    137 times
    Welcome to WDF. If you are formally requesting a service, then please say so and we'll move it to that section. If you're just looking for some help so that you can do it yourself, then please post more about the specific problem you're having.
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Member #
    I would like some help in development of it actually.

Member #
    Hi Jeff!

I've been looking for an invoicing software myself for a while. In case you are looking for solutions for your clients regarding invoicing software, I suggest you to check out Sufio Automated invoices.. They are currently fully integrated with BigCommerce and Shopify.

The invoices are available in more than 20 languages, and are legal and compliant with accounting legislations around the world. It is also a great standalone service if you decide to create and send invoices manually.

They've helped me setup taxes in my Canadian Shopify store correctly with all the tax settings.
    Give it a try for yourself. Here's the link to automatic invoices for Shopify stores, check it out!

Happy billing,
    Karen
    Last edited by KarenJD; Nov 08th, 2017 at 03:35 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    717 times
    Jeff,

I typically use PHP, specifically with FPDF, to create my own real PDF files. In your case, that would be an invoice that you email or serve to your customer from your website. Using PDF, anyone can print it easily. With FPDI, you can take an existing PDF file, like an invoice template with your letterhead, and write on top of it using FPDF. It then becomes one PDF file.

FPDF is free. FPDI is not really free. It is free for old PDF versions, but most PDF files require the license.

This is an example of using PHP with FPDF and FPDI .....

It takes the existing Texas CHL-100 License to Carry PDF form, which is blank, and writes data onto that form. It then serves it complete as one PDF:
    http://www.catpin.com/texas

You could do the same with a blank invoice form. Or, use FPDF to create the whole thing from scratch. I created the Texas CHL script for a client that teaches LTC classes in Texas. He has students register online and when he teaches the class, a PHP script automatically generates all the necessary forms for him to have students sign.

Here is FPDF (which is totally free):
    FPDF

Here is the FPDI parser, which is only free for PDF versions below 1.4:
    https://www.setasign.com/products/fpdi/about/

I paid for the commercial FPDI, which handles all PDF versions:
    https://www.setasign.com/products/fp...5WIxoCA2vw_wcB

If you are able to provide a blank PDF invoice (that you create using Adobe PDF, MS Word saved as PDF, etc), I can show you an example using your PDF.

Remember that PHP scripting is what actually renders the PDF on-the-fly, using your database (customer information).
    Last edited by mlseim; Sep 26th, 2017 at 05:30 AM.

Remove Ads