Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hi all,

Over the last 2 weeks I have been posting on the board, getting good results and information from all members. I have been working closely with my site over the last 2 weeks and feel that I am doing good things, hopefully now will see some more hits!!

Just to give everyone an Idea of what I did, if anyone has any furthur information in regards to the changes I made please let me know:!

1)Used this very good tool at www.digitalpoint.com/tools to check what Keywords I wanted to target. As my site is a Cheap Hotel in London I started to search. Didnt target the words that had extremly high results as it would be v.hard to get good position, so I was more specific, Like "Cheap Hotel in Central London"

2)I then restructured my sight slightly, ensuring that my pages all had good titles and descriptions, generally I used the title in the description as well as the keywords:

<head>
    <title>Cheap Hotel in Central London - Bed and Breakfast UK - Jesmond Dene Hotel </title>
    <HEAD>
    <link rel="shortcut icon" href="/favicon.ico" type="image/x-icon" />
    <TITLE>Cheap Hotel in Central London - Bed and Breakfast UK - Jesmond Dene Hotel</TITLE>
    <meta name="Description" content="Cheap Hotel in Central London - Jesmond Dene Hotel can offer you Bed and Breakfast in Central London!">
    <meta name="Keywords" content="Cheap hotel in central london, bed and breakfast uk, Jesmond Dene Hotel, Central London Hotel">
    <meta http-equiv='Content-Type' content='text/html; charset=iso-8859-1'>
    </HEAD>
    <meta name="content-language" content="EN-UK">
    <meta name="description" content="Cheap Hotel in Central London - Jesmond Dene Hotel can offer you Bed and Breakfast in Central London UK">
    <meta name="keywords" content="Cheap hotel in central london, bed and breakfast uk, Jesmond Dene Hotel, Central London Hotel">
    <meta name="robots" content="INDEX, FOLLOW">
    <meta name="MSSmartTagsPreventParsing" content="TRUE">

3)I then ensured that all the pages had these key words scattered a few times on each page. And then I used the code:

<a href="http://www.jesmonddenehotel.com/our_rooms.php" title="Cheap Hotel Rooms in London"><h1 style="margin-bottom:0; margin-top:0" class="h1">Cheap Hotel Rooms in London</h1></a><br>

to anchor internal links from the PHP pages to the web address it self, also from page to page

4)Created a Sitemap with all the key words enterered and links to the relevant pages.

5) Submitted my site to good search engines here are the ones I added:
    Gimpsy, Business.com, Joeant, and paid $300 for Yahoo Directory I think this is worth it.

Is there any thing else I can do?

Member #
    Submit your site to more of the general and industry-specific search engines and directories with your keywords in the anchor text.

Put up a resources page and trade links with other similar sites.

Cut down on all of the "Cheap Hotels" links you have at the bottom of the page (2 at most) since this can be considered link sp@mming by the search engines.

Member #
    After reading a SEO website that I thought was good by telling me about using the keywords as much as possible I thought I should do that and just bombard my site with them. Then I read from other web forums which explained why that is not a good idea. I have noticed the best way for SEO (on google) is to be linked on other sites that get a high number of hits/PR.

I am still only learning the basics of SEO, but I would really be careful about over using the keywords. You don't want search engines thinking it is spam.

Member #
    My rule of thumb for how many time to reuse a keyword is simple copy the competition. Load up the top 10 listed in google for your keyword. Count their keyword density (number of uses of the keyword divided by the total number of words.) Then write you page to have the same keyword density.

Member #
    If you can, write some sort of a press release with or newsletter explaining the hotel business, make sure you use your keywords in there and then throw in a couple of links to your homepage. Make it of decent lenght, like let's say about 3000 words and then post it in a seperate page on your site. This would boost up your relevancy. I'm not an expert but I've read a lot that this helps. Good luck

Remove Ads