Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    For the past 8 months, I've "sold" nothing on my website, so all of my promotion was geared just towards getting "visitors" to the site.

As of a few days ago, however, I've started selling a couple of political bumper stickers, and have a few more styles on the way in the next few days. I've made some sales so far, but clearly I need to start a campaign to boost the sales myself.

What strategies/tips can you give me for promoting a product specifically, that is, in order to raise sales? It's nothing I've really been involved with online yet, and think I could use some guidance.

Member #
    Some suggestions I can give would be to:

• Feature one (or more) of the products on the high traffic pages of your website.
    • Use images of the product when you feature them on your non product pages (eg. add a picture of the bumpersticker to your hompeage and link it directly to where a person can buy the product)
    • Place your image/product links above the fold on your non product pages
    • Use a script to rotate product images on other areas of the site
    • Use Google Adwords to drive traffic to the exact page where a person can buy the product you're advertising (eg. don't send them to your homepage and hope they click to the bumpersticker page). Be sure to use very specific keywords on Google Adwords (instead of "bumper sticker", try "political bumper sticker", or even better "george bush bumper sticker".
    • Talk about the product to help sell it. Don't just use an image, use some supporting text on the product page that tells a story about the sticker, talks about the quality of the sticker, and talks about why someone would want the sticker.
    • Explain the buying and checkout process on all the product buying pages. Talk about if you accept credit cards (you should have images showing this), talk about if it is secure, talk about your privacy policy. Make this information easy to find.
    • Make your contact information easy to find, so people can know before they order that they will be able easily contact you if there is a problem with the order.

Hope this gets you going in the right direction

Remove Ads