Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    hi all

the clients of my new site will be encouraged to link back to my site from theirs. I understand that the more sites that put links to yours, the better your chances of being picked up a search engine. Im wondering if there is any difference between a text link or an image link (banner or logo) from a search engine point of view.

Any useful links on search engine optimization would help too.

Thanx!

Member #
    A text link and an image link have simular efect on search engiens as they are intrested only in the links to other sites this means that you are probebly more likely to be added if you use an image from your server. Excahnge your banner with as many sites as possable(google will search backwards for your page eg. if your page is linked on another page then you will show up...ect. Submit to many search engiens as some people use a search engine that will search other search engines and of you are on more then one then you will appear multiple times. also make good use of meta tags and title these will improve your chance of click through dont use click here text for links as a descriptive link will be used in a search engine and use a descriptive title
    Thee Pyro Wolf

Member #
    pyro, do you think you can proofread your posts? It's something that has been bugging me in every post you make.

I just wanted to say that most search engines disregard <meta> data because it is abused frequently. Descriptive links will work best for search engines, but an image with a correct alt text isn't much worse.

Member #
    Good point.
    I have noticed that alot about sites. I forgot about alt text as long as it is useful i guess this would make it about the same.

Sorry about the posts i realize that they are sometimes sloppy
    Thee Pyro Wolf

Member #
    thanks for your replies. you've been very helpful

Member #
    Text links

Text links are a lot more helpful than image links. Using a number of text links can also help to be easily picked up by search engines.

Member #
    i would prefer to use image links coz it will be more eyecatching. it will be members of my site (www.extremelysa.co.za) that will have the logo and 'member of' somewhere of their page.

Remove Ads