Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    hey everyone,
    i need a little help regarding my site http://sycamore.in i have submitted the sitemap for google 2 months ago but my site still dont show up in google. some people say its due to the domain .in on which i am...
    can someone suggest something about it
    Sycamore.in
    Fair Deal India
    Online Ludhiana - Bringing Punjabi's together
    Yahoo India Forum - A Complete Portal

Member #

Member #
    Your site is indexed by Google. Because if I type in ...

"site:sycamore.in"

into the Google search field, I do get a result. Although I'm not sure why it is not displaying your site description (even though you have a meta description tag).

Perhaps your site is page rank 0 because you don't have anyone linking to it yet?

Member #
    plz tell me about linking
    thanks for ur help
    Sycamore.in
    Fair Deal India

Member #
    It is great that you have an HTML version of the site at http://sycamore.in/main.htm

I would try to get people to link to the HTML version instead of the flash version. This way it helps boost the PR ranking of the HTML site. So that if users do a google search, then at least the HTML version might have a chance of coming up in the search results.

The thing is that the Flash version is very hard to keyword optimize because Google can not see any of the text that is in the Flash. For example, if you do a "view source" in your browser, you don't see much text that Google can use to pull the site up in its search results.

Another thing with the Flash front page is that the "Enter" button is below the fold. I have a small screen and did not see it until I scrolled down. And on first glance, I didn't see your HTML version because that link did not appear until after I hover. My suggestion, is to place the links "Flash Version" and "HTML Version" and the "Enter" buttons all in plain view initially (and higher up on the screen) and make the Globe and logo clickable too.

In general, your PR will be higher if more sites links to you. As the Googlebot traverses the web, it counts links. The more links it finds linking to your site, the higher PR is given to your site. By not all incoming links are given the same weight. Incoming links that are from sites related in topic to your site is given more weight than some random link in some random site. This is known as trust rank or link reputation. Yes, the Googlebot knows what topic your site it about. It reads the words on your pages and the word in and around the anchor links. I would even go as far as to suggest that it has a synonym dictionary and knows about related words.

To get more incoming links, you can do link-exchanges or submit your site to web directories.

Member #
    thanks man i really appreciate ur help .
    that will help a lot
    thanks thanks
    Sycamore.in
    Fair Deal India

Remove Ads