Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: SEO (Google)

Member #
    SEO (Google)
    When i launched my site i thought it would be a big task to optimize my site ranking in google search engine. But its not that hard trust me. I will be picking up points which will will help you in your sites ranking optimization. Here i go :
    Before buying a domain
    1. Always check which domain you are buying. Never buy a domain with a common name, very hard to optimize. Try a name which is not common.
    While preparing your webpages
    1. Add meta tags---> description, keywords, title. Give the first prefrence to the words related what your site is about like for website designing -----> website design studio - sycamore.in, dont write the name of your site first. Add only relevant words as the search only picks up the first 3-4 words only while searching, rest are picked up they are not found on any other website.
    2.Keywords are written as --> website, designing, so on and description-->website design, flash template design,etc.
    After launching your site ( adding link )
    1. Try to add your website in all the search engines and open directories. It is very necessary step. Open directories are the best to boost up your ranking.
    2.Article writing is the best way. Submit your articles to the popular article submission websites.One is ezinearticles.com.Really good one.
    3. If you are lazy like me add comments to various blogs you find on the net.I use www.globeofblogs.com to find all the blogs. And do take a look where you are adding your link the page should have a page rank where your comment is being added otherwise it will not be of much help.
    4.(important) Why adding links is so important? When google's crawler starts to crawls the websites present on the web, it checks for the links on the pages which are already cached in its database. If your link is not there your site will not be crawled. Its like a chain reaction, one is linked to the other, other is linked to another. But if your site is a new submission it will have to wait to get a token. After the token is recieved then only your site will be crawled. But if your link is found on a site which has a good rank in google. Your site will be crawled and pages from your site will be cached. For eg if google crawls a site on 21st of every month and your site is linked to it your site will also be crawled on that day. Before adding the link to a page do check when has google cached that page.
    Please do read all the points carefully.These can fetch you a good rank in google.

Rahul Goyal,
    Sycamore.in
    Sycamore.in
    Fair Deal India
    Online Ludhiana - Bringing Punjabi's together
    Yahoo India Forum - A Complete Portal

Member #
    You should pick a domain name with keywords in it (if it makes sense). Common or uncommon.
    Nickhead
    musicpitt.net

Remove Ads