Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Someone wants to put their banner (for their own web dev shop) on one of my pages (a fan site that gets ~1500 visitors a day)... not going on the main page but a page that gets the 2nd-most hits... 120x??? banner...

How much of a MONTHLY cost would you charge someone for something like that ? They are not a big shop... just 1 person running it... but it is a legit business from what I can tell.

I just need a general idea... I don't even know whether to charge $10/mo. or $100/mo... I just want it to be fair for both of us.

Member #
    We will need more info to try and gauge a price, website would help for one. If you dont want to release that then PR rank of the page how many times does it get spidered. Mainly think of how much money you are going to be sending him and then ask for a modest price.

Member #
    Hi rh71. Would be happy to provide my thoughts.
    1500 visitors a day can be very valuable to someone.
    Could you give some idea of how many unique visitors a month would end up seeing the ad? And where abouts it would be placed.

Member #
    You can try $250/month.

Member #
    Yeah. That's a feasible price.

Member #
    the site with 1500 visitors per day is really a worthy one. so you can charge 200$ per month which is a honest one.

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    I'd say $150-250 is reasonable... especially if they're the only advertiser.

With that kind of traffic, you should consider shipping around for other advertisers. You could probably make some nice pocket cash!

Member #
    What is your URL? And what is your website about?

Member #
    thx for everyone's response and I do have a good idea now. Unfortunately the guy backed out (even before I gave him a price) since he got a regular full-time job. Still helpful info though - thx.

Remove Ads