Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I am very new to web design and got a basic site going (www.cheswatsol.com) for my dad's company. We are trying to generate traffic with people who are entering specific keywords into the various search engines and I don't know where to start. I have looked into Google AdWords and a ton of other paid services and don't know if those are worth the money.

Suggestions? Advice?

Member #
    You need metatags, you need those 'specific keywords' to be in your page content, the higher the better, ie. within <H> level tags, or within <b>/<strong> tags.

Submit your site at dmoz.com, make sure you put it under the right cat, and follow the guidelines.

Just so you understand, you don't need to pay anything to get high listings However, having your site linked to by important sites, and lots of them is a major thing.

Just remember, search engines will try to find those sites that best match the search query, if your site isn't using any of these, the search engine won't find it.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Stylise
    Submit your site at dmoz.com, make sure you put it under the right cat, and follow the guidelines.
    In addition to this you will need to submit yout site to search engines, I'm using IBP 9.1 for that purposes, also it contains a good list of directories.You can use articles directories, link exchanges, and press releases as well. I also want to recommend you to pay attention to one projectů Here is the link to free report about it - www.mavericksocializer.com/free-report.html . Through hearsay soon there there will uncover a good quality link acquiring strategy... That's all for your start, good luck!

Member #
    Make sure that your website is one that people are going to want to visit, people arent going to want to visit an ugly, unprofessional website, also make the content within the website easily accessible, dont make visitors have to hunt for the info they need.

Member #
    Search Engine Optimization for Dummies 2nd edition is a great starting point. In the long run, SEO and internet marketing gives you the highest return for your time and money.
    Try some free classified sites like Craig's List, Google Base, etc.
    iRevamp - SEO Service in Minneapolis St Paul, the Twin Cities

Member #
    A good place to start is to build up quality links. Make sure that you exchange links with a website relevant to yours. So, determine which keywords you want your website to rank well in, then enter those keywords into a search engine, and try to exchange links with the first website on the "search results page".

Link farms will not help your page rank.

Another good way to "get noticed" is to write press releases and content articles, and then submit them to article directories. You can do it yourself, or hire someone.

Hope this helps!
    Jeff S.

Remove Ads