Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    My site is still young and it's work in progress (and probably allways will be) so of course I want to try to build a good link back library. I joined link2me because it gives you complete control over which sites you want to create a reciprocal link relationship with. In other words I won't have irrelevant links on my site, which fron what I understand is the knock against link exchange services. It does require a link to their site (link2me). I don't want anything that is going hurt SEO but I like the way they handle the link approval process.
    Should I worry about using them?

Member #
    It's not so much a case of worrying but more a case of why bother.
    If it's purely to trick google to increase your ranking then google is clever enough to realise and will not give you any benefit.

Member #
    The way to get good backlinks is to publish quality content, and encourage submission to social bookmarking sites and community sites. A few high PR directories are okay, but if you submit to too many IT will start to look like spam to Google.

The big advantage of community and bookmark sites is that you will get links to interior pages instead of just the home page. Bottom line is quality content is king and Google is getting better all the time at throwing out the trash and elevating quality on well built sites.

Member #
    Any link farms or FFAs are bad if you have to link 2 them, it is best to personally ask for a link swap.

Member #
    I agree avoid any 'services' for providing link exchanges. Exchanging a few links with people you know and with reputable websites (eg: high PR, no dodgy SEO techniques) shouldn't do you any harm and you may get a slight amount of benefit, especially if they are on-theme. Don't opt for links that aren't relevent to your site's theme - if you have to use a link directory on your site then try and keep it on a subdomain, I'm pretty sure that the SEs see subdomains as separate to the main domain.

Remove Ads