Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Flash Website

Member #
    Im kinda new to all of this and im trying to get my website on the search engines. I was told that part of my problem is that my home page is mainly all done in flash. Im sure ther is more issues than just that but any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! www.buildingbands.com

Member #
    Rule of thumb: Search Engines can follow normal, HTML <a> links, and nearly nothing else (aside from redirects and maybe a few other things). Search Engines also only document normal, HTML text.

Your site seems to be quite alright. Although the homepage is flash, spiders can still follow the browse areas to the band lists. But remember that Search Engines look for content. You need to think what Search Engine terms you are looking for, and provide information about that.

Tip: Use proper HTML: Give headers their appropriate tags, because Search Engines will give them higher priority.
    Note on code: If I give code, please note that it is simply sample code to demonstrate an effect. It is not meant to be used as-is; that is the programmer's job. I am not responsible to give you support or be held liable for anything that happens when using my code.

Member #
    You site is in the search engines fine. But it all depends on what your expect to found for - your keywords. Just get them used as anchor text in links to your site.

Member #
    Your site looks really good. You might try adding more keyword rich text in the "News" and "Promotions" sections that appear at the bottom of the page. That would increase the amount of "spiderable" content on the page (as Steax recommended) without messing up your great looking layout.

Also, you should get more backlinks to your site (as caminowebmaster pointed out). Check out this site for a list of SEO friendly directories: http://info.vilesilencer.com/main.ph...endly-list.php. Take some time and submit your site to the appropriate categories (or hire someone to do it for you).

Remove Ads