Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    The company I work for has paid for some SEO plan from Submit Express. So far they've analyzed our current website and send us a list of new keywords, titles, and descriptions to use for our pages. To me the keywords lists all look the same for all the different pages of the site and haven't been tailored to the content of the pages. Also they've sent us a "resources" html file with links to a bunch of sites that I don't feel we should be linking to. Has anyone ever used this service before? I hate to sound like such a newbie here because I've been doing web development for a very long time but I've just taken a new position with this company as their webmaster and I'm trying to make some good decisions for their site.

Member #
    My 2 cents:

1. Meta keywords (in HTML) have no effect on SEO.
    2. Don't tailor page titles for SEO. Make them human-readable.
    3. Descriptions are rarely used. AFAIK, google doesn't use them at all.
    4. Linking to other pages... It works best only in context. Just plotting a link with text won't help much. There's also a lot of fraud surrounding this... What I would do is visit the sites shown there, and see if they also have irrelevant links.
    Note on code: If I give code, please note that it is simply sample code to demonstrate an effect. It is not meant to be used as-is; that is the programmer's job. I am not responsible to give you support or be held liable for anything that happens when using my code.

Member #
    I do know that titles are very important on web pages and should always be written in plain english and be understandable and pertain to the content of the page. In e-commerce it's essential to have good dynamic titles for products and such. What I'm really wondering right now is if this service "Submit Express" is garbage or not because it DOES seem to be working against a lot of the good practice rules that I've read about in the past. Thanks again for reading this guys!!!

Remove Ads