Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Directories have been good sources of one-way links for a long time. It is a one of the easiest link building method especially for newer sites. But quality is still the name of the game. Some pointers in selecting the directories to submit to:

High PR - indication that Google sees some value in the directory.
    Well maintained - listed sites are in the proper category
    High Traffic - getting traffic could be minimal from directories, but majority are targeted
    Kewords ranking high in SERP - Well optimized, shows that the directory is well-marketed and SEO'ed.

Which to avoid:
    Link farms that pose as directories
    Directories that require reciprocal links
    Crappy ones with crappy sites listed

What are your thoughts? Care to add more pointers?
    OneIMS.com - SEO and Website Solutions
    ClickXposure.com - PPC Management

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I definately agree with you on the reciprocal links

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kade119
    I definately agree with you on the reciprocal links
    Thanks! Those that require reciprocal linking would get more SEO value from you than what you are actually getting from them.

Member #
    High PR directories normally take many months to approve free submissions. That is why I provide a directory list that includes the most recently launched directories. They normally approve quickly!

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by snowbird
    High PR directories normally take many months to approve free submissions. That is why I provide a directory list that includes the most recently launched directories. They normally approve quickly!
    Its hard to tell if you'll get benefits from them as they are just new. There are lots of new directories that just die out. I think its better to submit to more established ones.

Member #
    Does DMOZ still add links to the directory? I have submitted several high quality sites over the past year and they never got listed.

Member #
    i don;t go for the sites that require reciprocal links. i keep the sites that approve my submissions

Member #
    Dont exchange links with other websites (wether they are directories or not) unless they are relevant to the content of your own website.
    One thing to consider besides PR, is the Alexa rank which gives you an idea of how popular or not a website is.
    There are general directories to include your website details, specific niche directories and vry important, Articles directories. In this last case you need time and knowledge in order to submit your original articles to these kind of websites. But the reward is you will one way links, a thing that Google considers very important.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Sourcesouth
    Dont exchange links with other websites (wether they are directories or not) unless they are relevant to the content of your own website.
    One thing to consider besides PR, is the Alexa rank which gives you an idea of how popular or not a website is.
    There are general directories to include your website details, specific niche directories and vry important, Articles directories. In this last case you need time and knowledge in order to submit your original articles to these kind of websites. But the reward is you will one way links, a thing that Google considers very important.
    thank you for that info sourcesouth :glasses:

Member #
    No problem! Always willing to help

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads